Depositing money is traditionally done through cash or check credited to a specific bank account, either directly or to other banks through telegraphic transfer or inter-bank fund transfer arrangements. The Text-A-Deposit service removes boundaries and allows for remote, fast, and secure bank deposit services.
The MABS-designed Text-A-Deposit service allows bank clients to send electronic cash value via their mobile phone, which is then immediately credited by the bank to his/her deposit account. The account owner/holder or a relative or friend with a GCASH registered mobile phone may send the deposit. The deposit instructions are encrypted and password protected in the 70-character Optional Message field of the GCASH transaction.
Recipients of electronic cash via the Text-A-Deposit service do not need to own a mobile phone. The sender only needs to indicate the bank account number in the Message field to signify his/her intention to have funds credited directly to the deposit account of the recipient. Through the confirmation message from Globe/GCASH, the bank will identify the sender’s name, account number, account name and reference number including date and time of the transaction and will use this information for purposes of validation and recording Text-A-Deposit transactions.
- Globe and Touch Mobile subscribers
- Download GCASH Menu
- The GCASH Recipient for deposit in the bank-branch must have an active, non-restricted deposit account (of any type: savings or current) account in the bank.
- The Recipient of the GCASH for deposit must enroll to the Text-A-Deposit Service
Sending GCASH for Deposit Procedures:
1. In your cellphone, select Globe Services (Glove SVcs+) Menu
2. Click on MyFavorites and select GCASH
3. Enter 4-digit MPIN and click OK.
4. Enter the 11-digit MOBILE PHONE NUMBER of the Bank-Branch (where the recipient maintained his/her deposit account) and click OK.
5. Enter the amount to be deposited to the recipient deposit account
6. Then enter the following details as deposit instruction for the recipient bank-branch in the Optional Message:
FAO: (Acct Name)space(Acct Number)
7. You will then receive a confirmation message. The bank who receives your GCASH deposit will also receive a confirmation message with the same Transaction Reference Number.
If you don’t have a mobile phone, you can course through your GCASH deposit through GCASH accredited bank-branch (with Text-A-Deposit service available). Fill-up the form “To Send Form” and ask assistance from the bank-branch teller or cashier.
Save/take note of the Transaction Reference Number found on the confirmation message. This will serve as your electronic receipt or proof of deposit. Deposit must be made before 3:00 PM. All deposit received after cut-off time will be processed on the next banking day.