The Text-A-Payment service is an innovative mobile phone banking service that uses SMS technology to allow microborrowers to make microfinance loan payments. New, existing and repeat borrowers can use the service for payments of their loans.
Rural bank clients only need to enroll at their bank branch, register their mobile phone with Globe’s GCASH service, and then easily load their mobile wallet at any GCASH Cash-In center or re-seller. After completing these steps, bank clients can conveniently and remotely send their loan payment to the bank without incurring the time and expense associated with traveling to a rural bank to make a loan payment. The borrower can pay the loan without leaving her/his business.
- Globe and Touch Mobile subscribers
- Download the GCASH Menu
- Must be a borrower of the bank with outstanding loan account
- Enrollment with the Text-A-Payment Service
1. In your cellphone, select Globe Services (Glove Svcs+) Menu
2. Click on MyFavorites and select GCASH
3. Enter 4-digit MPIN and click OK.
4. Enter your 4-digit MPIN; you will see masked characters represented by asterisks (*)
5. Enter the 11-digit MOBILE PHONE NUMBER for GCASH of the Bank-Branch where you have a loan and click OK.
6. Enter the AMOUNT to pay
7. Enter the following details as instruction in the optional message:
LPAY:(Acct Name)space(Acct Number)
8. You will then receive a confirmation message. The bank will also receive a confirmation message with the same Transaction Reference Number.
Save/take note of the Transaction Reference Number found on the confirmation message. This will serve as your electronic receipt or proof payment. Borrower’s Payment must be made before 3:00 PM. All payments received after cut-off time will be considered for next banking day transaction.